Thursday, November 11, 2010

My first official Parent Teacher Conference: for Phoenix

 This is his pic he has outside his door, look at his handsomeness!
This is his scarecrow he has been tellin me he's made at school, I had the biggest grin on my face bein able to see what he shows off to the school in the hallway!


Yesterday I had Phoenix's parent teacher conference which I was excited about, man my kids are growin up!  At the beginning of the year we set goals to help him with his behavior, his attention, and his speech.  All of his scores were 50% or higher, man was I proud.  His teachers have never seen the kid they met the first day (messes and not listening), yay!  He has a harder time following directions in larger groups (actions to songs and such) but put him with just 2 or 3 people where he has more individualized attention and he rocks =)  We made a goal to have him sit in a chair for 4min, as he has way too much energy and he's up to 1min sometimes 2min.  It may not seem like a big deal to some people but for me to see my son is making progress is awesome.  His speech is getting better, he is using more 2, 3 and 4 word sentences.  His speech is a little more clear, as my husband has pointed out since I can understand him almost always.  After all his seizures and having them slowly set him back he's movin forward and this mommy couldn't be prouder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Phoenix! I'm glad to hear that he doing well. Keep it up bud.